Capital Broadcasting/KLO Broadcasting SLC, Utah
KLO, KBZN, KSQN
EEO PUBLIC FILE REPORT
June 1, 2019– May 31, 2020
The data reported below provides recruitment information for all full and part-time hires made during the reporting period, along with the recruitment initiatives this organizations human resources department conducted during this period.
The purpose of this EEO Public File Report (“Report”) is to comply with Section 73.2080(c)(6) of the FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule. This Report has been prepared on behalf of the Stations Employment Unit that is comprised of the following station (s): KBZN-FM KSQN-FM KLO-AM and is required to be placed in the public inspection files of these stations, and posted on their websites, if they have websites.
The information contained in this Report covers the time period beginning June 1, 2019 to and including May 31, 2020 (the “Applicable Period”).
The FCC’s 2002 EEO Rule requires that this Report contain the following information:
- A list of all full-time vacancies filled by the Station (s) comprising the Station Employment Unit during the Applicable Period;
- For each such vacancy, the recruitment source(s) utilized to fill the vacancy (including, if applicable, organizations entitled to notification pursuant to Section 7302080 (c) (1)(ii) of the new EEO Rule, which should be separately identified), identified by name, address, contact person and telephone number;
- The recruitment source that referred the hiree for each full-time vacancy during the Applicable Period;
- Data reflecting the total number of persons interviewed for full-time vacancies during the Applicable Period and the total number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source utilized in connection with such vacancies; and
- A list and brief description of the initiatives undertaken pursuant to Section 7302080(c)(2) of the FCC rules.
Appendices, which follow, have been designed, in the aggregate, to provide the required information. Please note that the numbers listed on Appendix 2 under the column entitled “Full-time Positions for Which This Source Was Utilized” refer to the number of the full-time job positions listed on Appendix
For the purpose of this Report, a vacancy was deemed “filled” not when the offer was extended but when the hiree accepted the job offer. A person was deemed “interviewed” whether he or she was interviewed in person, over the telephone or by e-mail.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY REPORT 2019-20
MASTER RECRUITMENT SOURCES
ONGOING SOURCES MAILING ADDRESS
Brigham Young University Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602
Department of Workforce Services DWS – Ogden Center
[Ogden] 480 27th Street, Ogden, Utah 84401
[Salt Lake City] CENTRALIZED IMAGING UNIT (CIU)
P.O. Box 143245, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-3245
IN HOUSE kloradio.com, kbzn.com, 1031thewave.com
257 E. 200 South, #400, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
KSL.COM P.O. Box 1160, Salt Lake City Utah 84110-1160
INDEED.COM 6433 Champion Grandview Way, Building 1
Austin, TX 78750
NAACP P. O. Box 25414, Salt Lake City, Utah 84125
Ogden Standard Examiner 332 Standard Way, Ogden, Utah 84412
Salt Lake Community College 4600 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville, Utah 84123
University of Utah 201 Presidents Circle, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Utah Valley University 800 West University Prkwy, Orem, Utah 84058
Weber State University 3848 Harrison Blvd., Ogden, Utah 84408
Westminster College 1840 S. 1300 E. Sat Lake City, UT 84105
Word of Mouth/Drop-Ins/Employee Referrals
2019 VACANCY LIST
DEPARTMENT VACANCIES FILLED
ON-AIR 1 0
SALES 1 1
ALL OTHERS 2 2
Two positions filled through Word of Mouth/Employee referrals .
We received numerous Resumes’ through KSL.com, Indeed.com, Westminster College Job Site, Dixie State College, and The University of Utah Job Site.
Utah Broadcasters Association Job Fair
Groups taking tours interested in Radio Broadcasting: Broadcasting students from Dixie State University.